Ok, so the pictures look disgusting, but please trust me when I say this grilled banana was ah-mazing! No really, it was rich and gooey yet healthy-ish!
I first saw THIS pin on Pinterest for grilled banana smores. When we got the new grill and I decided I wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, we did not have all of the toppings. In fact, we didn’t have anything BUT the banana! So I got a little creative. I thought about what tastes good with bananas and came up with peanut butter, chocolate and cereal. And the following is what I came up with!
- I took a banana and made a little bed out of tin foil. I wanted to make sure the banana would lay properly and didn’t want it to flop around (that’s what she said!). I then cut it in half longways to make room for the toppings.
- Next, I whipped up one serving of PB2. I made it a little runnier than usual so I could pour it over the banana rather than spread it. I figured it was going to get warm and runny anyway!
- Then came the chocolate syrup. Problem was, I didn’t have any. But I did have some Hershey’s Dark Cocoa Powder! So I concocted a kind of chocolate syrup using 2T cocoa powder, 1.5T water, a splash of almond milk and a couple Splenda packets. I mixed it all together and it works great for a chocolaty syrup to pour over the banana!
- Next, I closed the packet up and popped it onto the grill (at medium low heat) for 7 minutes. I checked it at 5 minutes and it just wasn’t gooey enough.
- While it was grilling I measured out 1PP worth of apple cinnamon cheerios and did my best to crunch them up with a spoon. I got bored and quit because it took so long, so that is why you see some whole ones!
- After 7 minutes was up I put the foil packet on a plate, opened it up and sprinkled on the crumbled cheerios.
- And proceeded to GORGE. I’m surprised I had time to take a picture! What a great way to end the 4th!
PP wise, I wavered between 2-3PP so I rounded up to 3.